RE Program Expectations & Convenant
Positive participation and interaction are the foundation for a healthy, constructive learning environment for everyone. Our seven UU Principles guide us in our behavior in the classroom and beyond.
We believe each and every person is important.
- Follow adult’s instructions. A safe learning environment is essential.
- Children in classrooms pre-K through 3rd grade must remain in their classrooms or supervised areas until picked up by their parents.
- Children must have adult supervision in classrooms.
- On church grounds only gentle play is appropriate.
- Be respectful to everyone with kind words and behavior.
We believe all people should be treated fairly.
- Be respectful of differing opinions and religious values.
- Take turns listening and talking.
- Be helpful and kind to one another.
- We believe we should accept one another and learn together.
Try to attend church regularly. Your classmates and teachers depend on you.
- Joyfully participate in the lessons and activities planned for the day to the best of your ability.
- Welcome newcomers and include everyone in activities.
- Share what you learned in RE with family and friends.
We believe each person is free to grow by exploring ideas and values together.
- Feel free to share your ideas with the group.
- Listen to the ideas of others.
We believe everyone deserves a vote about the things that concern them.
- Participate in developing your classroom covenant.
- Express your opinions constructively.
- Respect the decisions of the group.
- Share your feelings and ideas about the RE program with your parents/guardians, RE teachers, the RE Director &/or the minister.
We believe in working for a peaceful, fair and free world.
- Participate in RE and church-wide social action projects.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Do your best to get along with others.
- Be willing to listen to reminders about your behavior.
We believe in caring for our planet Earth & every living thing that shares it with us.
- Learn how to use the recycle and compost bins.
- Use only what you need.
- Help take care of our church and participate in clean up.
- Be careful with our church equipment, furniture, special objects and sculptures, as well as the belongings of others.
- Be gentle with the plants and animals that inhabit our church grounds. Learn about the areas where it is okay to play and areas where quiet reflection is preferred.