UUCS has many volunteer opportunities available for our members and attending friends. Here are some of our current needs. Please let us know if you have any questions. If your team or group is in need of volunteers, please submit your request to be included here to email@example.com. Thank you!
VOLUNTEERS! The UUCS wants YOU!
There will never be a better time than now to step up and do what you can for our church. There are opportunities aplenty.
Are you are interested in finance? Consider joining one of the following:
- Finance Committee
- Generosity Team
- Auction Team (Yes, a virtual auction!)
Are you interested in grouping us up?
The Adult Enrichment Team (Zoom forums, Zoom activities, Zoom meditation) is right for you.
Would you contribute your compassionate self? Join one of the following:
- Pastoral Care Team
- Memorial Service Team
You don’t want to change clothes?
There are monthly Buildings and Grounds work parties at the church.
Don’t be shy — we’re waiting for you to respond with an enthusiastic,”YES! Count me in for …”
To reply or for information call: Donna Borden Rhodes 487-5054, Sue Stiritz 466-5986, or Jean Larson 448-2631
Sandwiches for Sundays
Women’s Hearth (where Susan Tyler Babkirk works) on 920 W. 2nd is in need of volunteers to make sandwiches for their clients on Sundays.
If you are interested in helping out or making a donation, there are several ways you can do it.
- Call (509) 455-4249 and ask for Susan, Jewels, or Ariel. Tell them how many sandwiches you can make and for which Sunday. Nancy Avery is making 20 sandwiches for Sept. 13th. She has chosen to buy the supplies heself and make the sandwiches. However, you can also call (509) 455-4249 on Thursday no later than 2:00 p.m. to see what supplies they have available, and then pick the supplies up by 4:30 p.m. on Thursday. You need to deliver the sandwiches on Sunday morning between 9:00 and 11:30 a.m. to the Hearth.
- If you don’t want to make sandwiches, you can always donate sandwich makings: peanut butter, jelly, mayo, mustard, bread, fruit cups, oranges, individual packages of chips, cookies etc.
- If you want to make a donation to Women’s Hearth, and you live on the north side, you could get it to Nancy Avery and she will take it down there on the 13th.
- They also need size 5 & 6 women’s panties, deodorant, travel size toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.
If you have questions give Nancy Avery a call at (509) 385-1447.