To date this year, the Endowment Fund has received $4,135.00 in contributions. We began the year, as has recently become the practice, with two Sundays of remembrance. They resulted in $1,185.00 in contributions. Other generous gifts came from Al & Bernie Toutant, Cindy Phillips, and the regular semi-annual gift from Karen Dorn Steele and Richard Steele.
Memorial gifts came in memory of the following:
- Diane Rosman from her parents Del & Jeanette Liljegren
- Joy Attwood, beloved wife of Wayne Attwood
- Rosemarie Duffy and Marion Moos from Robert Fendler
- Judy Laddon from George & Lila Girvin
- Chuck Smith from Mary Giannini and Donna Borden Rhodes
- Bill Powell from Dave & Millie Roberts and Donna Borden Rhodes
- Ed Tyler from Donna Borden Rhodes
- Graham Taylor from Wayne Attwood and Donna Borden Rhodes
September’s ending balance was $661,993, assuring the anticipated October’s $6,500+ addition to the church operating budget. Fluctuations in the stock market, all too frequent these days, are mitigated by the UUCEF’s basing distributions on a 13 quarter (that’s 39 months!) rolling average which helps even out the highs and lows of the market.
October 29, 2020