Alerts and Notifications
Please check out the weekly special video message from Todd:
UUCS CLOSURE NOTIFICATION
Dear Friend and Members of UUCS,
Many are naturally beginning to ask when we think we might be able to reopen our building for services and events, and otherwise return to normal activities. Unfortunately, there is no way of predicting a precise date at this time. Our official position at the moment is that our building will remain closed until we receive an official “All-Clear” from our State government. I suspect the number of new cases will continue to rise before beginning to decline as a result of our widespread social isolation. We will keep you informed about any changes as soon as we know something new. I appreciate your patience during this difficult and uncertain time. We shall continue to find creative ways to stay connected and appreciate all the ways your are already reaching out to each other.
THESE APRIL EVENTS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED AND WILL BE RESCHEDULED:
APRIL 12 – 30TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION OF OUR MUSIC DIRECTOR, DEB JACQUEMIN
APRIL 17 – ALL CHURCH BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS WORK PARTY
APRIL 25 – ANNUAL CHURCH DINNER
Coronavirus and our UUCS Congregation
As new cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) are reported in the United States and around the world, the congregation is called to education, caution and prevention. Here are a few basic guidelines we have adopted.
To help protect our community, we ask that you follow these precautions even if you yourself are not at risk, as some members of our community may be at high risk.
- Wash your hands frequently —use soap and water and scrub for at least 20 seconds or use 60% or higher alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- If possible, sneeze or cough into a disposable tissue (not your hand, or the crook of your elbow where germs may last up to a week). Wash as soon as possible after sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your mouth, nose or eyes with unwashed hands.
- Regularly disinfect frequently touched surfaces including keyboards and doorknobs. Open doors with a paper towel or disposable gloves when possible.
- Avoid close contact with someone who is sick.
- Please stay home if you are sick, live streaming of Sunday services is available on our website.
- Greet others in non-physical or low-contact ways such as a fist bump, elbow bump or a namaste style prayer greeting (better to have the light in me salute the light in you than to share germs!), especially during coffee hour.
UUCS will follow best practices recommended by the CDC and other health authorities. Sections of our service may be changed to reduce the spread of germs. Hygiene protocols in our kids’ programs are being increased. If the suspension of large gatherings is recommended, we may suspend services and other programming. Events may be live streamed instead of held in person. Major cancellations will be announced on our website and/or via emergency email notification.
If you are staying home, live streaming of our Sunday Services is available by CLICKING HERE!