Social Justice Council
The Social Justice Council at UUCS coordinates the advocacy, community partnerships, and community service activities of the church. Here are some highlights of their activities:
- Identifying and partnering with community organizations that work on issues or provide direct services that foster social, economic, and/or environmental justice.
- Determining the organization or groups that receive UUCS’s monthly Special Collection.
- Evaluating and approving applications for the UUCS Make It Happen Fund.
- Organizing actions and service projects, such as UUCS participation in the OutSpokane Pride parade and celebration.
Make It Happen Fund
Grants from the UUCS “Make It Happen Fund” support outreach projects that involve church members working directly in the larger community. Please review the following information before completing the Make It Happen application form.
- Make It Happen Funds may not be used for partisan politics, personal use, or to fund speakers for members’ education.
- Applications are accepted from church ministries, teams, or individuals.
- Applications may be submitted at anytime.
- Acceptance of Make It Happen funds requires the applicant to complete a reporting form within 30 days of the use of the funds.